PHILOSOPHY FROM THE EAST
Philosophy with Dr. Jeff Lan
Moving like water (kan), motionless body / sung (relaxation without energy); one continuous flow of energy; no desire gives rise to Wood, stillness, Fire, calm emotion, creation of yang vapor and Metal, unstirred heart and mind – tempered steel. Mind empty, and body and mind in harmony.
Central is earth and human, concentration and keeping in one. Humans connected between heaven and earth. Movement within Taiji is left, right, forward and back and central equilibrium = 5 directions / 5 elements. Earth is a central equilibrium. Sung – the body spirals without effort in all directions; all movement comes from center earth.
Dr Jeff Lan on the practice of Tai Chi principles
Philosophy lecture takes place on the;
- 2nd last Friday of every month
- 5.30 pm to 7 pm (1.5 hrs)
- Confirmation of booking is confirmed on payment processing
- Minimum 5 persons in attendance
- Insufficient numbers in attendance will move the event to the following month
- Date and venue changes will be notified in advance via our newsletter subscription send
The philosophy sessions will be a monthly event happening in line with the Cosmic Healing Way of Nourishing Life program.
Concepts such as; Keep the mind in one, Dao, Wu, De, etc. will be a few of the topics addressed.